Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Figurative Language - Hyperbole

Hyperbole  An exaggeration of facts
E.g My head is killing me!

For each of the following sentences, does it have a hyperbole or not. 
  1. I’m so hungry I could eat a whole elephant! (Hyperbole)
  2. May is the nicest month of the year. (Not)
  3. Her brightly coloured dress hurt his eyes. (Hyperbole)
  4. The roof rose up and down to the rhythm of the music. (Hyperbole)
  5. I ate all of my salad for lunch.  (Not)
  6. The dog was so dirty it had a tomato plant growing on its back. (Hyperbole)

Turn each of these into a Hyperbole sentence: The first is done for you.

An old car- The car is older than the hills.
 
A strong wind. The wind was as strong as a gorilla.
A headache. My headache was as painful as giving birth.
A fast computer. The computer was as fast as a cheetah.
A funny movie. The movie was as funny as me.
A hot pan. The pan was as hot as me
The pan was as hot as the sun.
A loud, crying baby. The baby was as loud as a bulldozer.
Heavy groceries. The groceries were as heavy as a wrecking ball.
A scary dog. The dog was as scary as Dylan's mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.